GreenLight partners discuss potential collaboration with Libre project.
Libre (http://libre2020.eu/) is another BBI project funded by the European Commission.
Its goals are to:
- Development of new bio-based composite materials utilising lignin from the pulp and paper industry blended with biopolymers as a precursor.
- Reductions in energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions during the manufacturing process through the use of microwave and radio frequency (MW/RF) heating technologies.
- Surface functionalisation using non-aqueous processes to enhance performance in polymer composites
- Increased sustainability of composite materials.
- A competitive edge for end-user sectors such as transportation, renewable energy and construction.
The overlap with the GreenLight project is clear and we will be investigating ways for both project to collaborate in the future.
Published: 30th November 2017