Faserinstitut Bremen EV
FIBRE (Faserinstitut Bremen EV) is a successful research institute for materials science on fibres and fibre products. As a scientific institution at the University of Bremen, FIBRE carries out research and development tasks in the area of development and processing of fibres, semi-finished textile products and composite fibre materials. Running projects cover fields from fundamental researches regarding new materials and production processes up to industrial orders regarding material characterisation and component development. Activities focus increasingly on the spinning of bio-based renewable resources.
Roles in GreenLight
- Assists partners regarding material selection in the development of the multifilament spinning process,
- Develops a melt spinning process to produce multifilament lignin precursors in pilot plant scale.
- Winding of lignin filaments and re-winding to the next step in CF production, the stabilisation operation, is studied and a proper operation will be developed.
- Support with analysis of surface treatments.
- Information about material consumption, process parameters, operating window and fibre properties for the scale-up and the life cycle assessment.