RISE Bioeconomy (former Innventia AB) leads the transition to a circular bioeconomy through research, development and innovation support. RISE Bioeconomy works along the whole chain from raw materials and processes to final products as wood mechanical products, paper, packaging, textiles, carbon fibres, chemicals and fuels. Pilot plants and other test beds are important tools for upscaling of future biorefinery processes.
RISE Bioeconomy in Stockholm, Sweden, comprises the units Biorefinery and Energy, Papermaking and Packaging and Biobased Materials. Together with the three subsidiaries PFI Paper and Fiber Research Institute, Processum and Energy Technology Center, the division has 320 employees.
The RISE-institutes Innventia, SP and Swedish ICT have merged in order to become a stronger research and innovation partner. Through international collaboration programmes with academia, industry and the public sector, RISE enables a competitive business environment and contribute to a sustainable society. The 2 200 employees support and promote all manner of innovative processes. RISE has around 100 testbeds and demonstration facilities for advancing future-proof products, technologies and services. RISE is fully owned by the Swedish State.
Roles in GreenLight:
- Project coordinator
- Develops tailor-made lignin materials from industrial black liquors
- Responsible for the initial evaluation and ranking of lignins and contributes to the optimisation of melt spinning conditions.
- Responsible for the optimisation of suitable stabilisation and carbonisation conditions.
- Provides system-level design and techno-economic analysis of the up-scaled process line.
- Responsible for the project website and internal communication tool.